Think before buying your stationery
Students, artists , professionals and stationery lovers would like to pay attention to this. Students from architecture and design field spend more on stationery than anything else during their course. So before buying them you can check some minor details which will help you choose better.
Graphite lead pencils should be checked by looking at them from vertically upwards. The placement of the lead should be in the center. This prevents the pencil lead from breaking off easily while writing. Another very important aspect of a lead pencil is that it should be made up of uniform colored and textured wood. The same can be observed by looking at its base.
Rulers are another integral part of the lot. The edges of the ruler should be smooth. The plastic ruler should be used for construction and its calibrations could be checked of being at uniform intervals.
Clutch pencils are generally not used for drawing because line-weight cannot be emphasized using it. They are preferred for markings.
A paper cutter would be a better bargain instead of a sharpener as it helps prevent unnecessary loss of the pencil wood. In case of using a paper cutter, the tip can be sharpened without losing too much wooden part.
How to prevent smudging your drawing sheets?
- Often while drawing the sheets are smudged and are definitely not presentable that way. There are certain precautions which can be helpful ; while sketching a sheet of paper should be kept beneath the working hand. This keeps the working area clean. Another technique can be of use. While using a plastic ruler a cello tape strip can be pasted on the rear side of the ruler. This prevents smudging while dragging it.
- Little things do affect the neatness of your sheets. The rough side of the sheet should be used and brittle pencils should be avoided. While writing with the pencil you should keep rotating it so that the tip remains sharp for long, and thickness of lines are even; hence avoiding use of erasers.
- Avoid eating and drawing simultaneously
- Keep your pencils separately, not with other instruments.
- Clean instruments before starting to work with them.
- Use non dust erasers.