Communication is the art of exchanging views, opinions, ideas and news among people for various purposes. It is an inherent part of our existence and constantly happening. Communication is the crux around which the world revolves. Staring from communication between two people, a group, and encompassing different countries, it is communication that keeps everyone connected.
In the absence of communication, it would be difficult to know the happenings around us. Communication must be done effectively to achieve the purpose. The intended meaning must be conveyed effectively to the desired recipient to achieve the purpose. In the eventuality of any distortion, the whole purpose is defeated. Besides, failed communication also gives rise to misconceptions and many a times to conflicts.
There have been instances when things have been distorted through various mediums. Hence, it is extremely important to identify the medium of communication. The channel of communication used must be capable of conveying the desired purpose. Communication binds people and countries together. It can surely be said, it also fosters ties.
Communication is known to bridge the gaps and make ties stronger. Since, communication is a potent tool of exchanging information; care must be taken to ensure that communication is used for a good purpose.
How to improve your pronunciation?
Pronunciation is a tricky part in the English language. Before beginning the exercise you must keep in mind a certain yardstick that you’d follow. Certain pronunciations vary when spoken in British English and when done so in American.
- While referring the dictionary do read the phonetics or the pronunciation. Try to write some of the phonetic representation yourself.
- Try speaking words out loud and slow.
- It is very important to understand how to read the pronunciation.Certain essential features should be kept in mind.
- (‘ )used in front of an alphabet signifies a stress on that alphabet while speaking.
- The alphabets mentioned in capital are supposed to be stressed.
- An “oo” is indicating a long pronunciation with a bar above it.
- A broken bar over the individual o’s indicates broken pronunciation.
- A small (I)is used for a long (ee) sound.
- An inverted ‘e’ or ‘ә’ is called a schwa which is used to signify a very short sound for a vowel for eg. mother is pronounced like (MUTH ә)
- At times to denote the “zha” sound for eg in closure zh or ᴣ is used.
How to debate?
Debating is a strong tool or rather a method, dialectical to its core which persuades us to indulge into an intense discourse. An integral part of the procedure in Presidential elections of the States , debates bring out the truth no matter how diligently concealed it might be.
Debating is an age old art and like any other form it too has its share of rules too. The judging panel is of supreme consideration. They should be formally addressed before the speaker begins. As per the norms there are two sides to be represented in a debate: For and Against the motion. Each team consists of two members for representing both the aspects of the given topic. The first speaker introduces the topic and puts across his point consequently followed by the opponent team member who speaks addressing the point of the previous speaker. The trick here is to jot down points from the previous speaker’s speech and prove how they do not hold ground. This not only makes your base strong but also establishes yourself as a serious listener and prompt speaker.
Decorum and sanctity of the dais should be maintained, no personal remarks or hurting statements should be made. The opponent is not your enemy rather he is helping you to win, so instead you should be humbly thankful to him and let him respect you for your deserved victory.
After the speaker concludes he/she often says “resolved” which means that the point has been explained.